Get to Know UPSC NDA
NDA i.e. National Defence Academy is the training academy for the armed service forces(Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force) of India. NDA takes in candidates as cadets and gives defence officers to the country. The candidates make their way to the through NDA Exam which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). NDA is conducted twice every year. Cracking NDA Exam can be tough due to the cut-throat competition but aspiring candidates should start preparing early and diligently to make their way to the top of the merit list. Aspiring candidates are advised to be well versed with the NDA Syllabus and Exam Pattern before starting with their preparations. A prior idea will help you figure out an efficient strategy for preparing for the same.
The second stage of the selection process for UPSC NDA is SSB Interview. SSB Interview is a tough nut to crack. So the candidates should start their preparations for the SSB Interview just after the written examination without wasting any time. Candidates who qualify the written examination get to attend the SSB Interview. The NDA Results are announced within a few months of the written examination. All the updates, admit cards and results are published on the official website of UPSC. So, candidates are advised to keep checking it from time to time.
Timeline for UPSC NDA 2020
|UPSC NDA-1 Written Exam||April (Postponed)|
|UPSC NDA-1 Written Exam Results||To be Announced|
|SSB Interview||July-August (Tentative)|
|UPSC NDA-2 Written Exam||September (Tentative)|
|UPSC NDA-2 Written Exam Results||To be Announced|
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern
The Selection Process for UPSC NDA consists of two stages. The first stage includes a written examination and the second stage consists of the Service Selection Board Interview. The total marks are 1800, i.e. 900 marks each for Written Exam and the Interview.
NDA written Examination
The written examination will involve two papers:
(i) Mathematics: The maximum marks are 300. The duration of this paper will be 2.5 hrs.
(ii) General Ability Test: The maximum marks for the General Ability Test are 600. The duration of this paper will also be 2.5 hrs.
- Both the papers will include Multiple Choice Questions.
- Both the papers will be bilingual and can be attempted either in English or Hindi.
- There will be negative marking for each and every wrong answer.
- For Mathematics written exam, 2.5 marks will be alloted for every right answer and 0.88 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- For the General Ability Test, every question will be of 4 marks and 1.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The candidates cannot opt for scribes to write the papers.
NDA Service Selection Board Interview
Only the candidates who’ll qualify the written examination will be called for the SSB Round. The SSB Interview also consists of two stages. The SSB Interview is conducted for 900 marks. The details of both the stages have been discussed below:
- Stage I: Stage I will involve a screening test for Stage II. candidates who’ll qualify the stage will get to appear in the stage-II.
- Stage II: In Stage II, the candidates will be assessed on various grounds like Psychological Test, Group Performance Test, Personal Interview and Conference.
We hope that this article provided you with all the information you need to get started with your preparations. We advise you to put your best foot forward as UPSC NDA is one of the best employment opportunities in India. Moreover, it is not just a job, it is also an opportunity to serve your nation.